What would a party without a party hat? It's hard not to get in a festive mood with a colourful hat on your head. And why not take the opportunity of making party hats to also make it part of the party? It's a good way to start the celebration by letting each guest to be creative and unique.
Here's an idea of a party hat made out of confetti. It is quite simple and fun! Here are the steps:
- Party hat model
- Coloured paper
- White glue
- Rubber bands
- Paper knife (X-Acto)
- Download, print and cut the party hat model which you can find here for free.
- Assemble the party hat model.
- Put white glue onto the hat.
- Sprinkle confetti on the hat.
- Shake off the excess confetti.
- If there are spots where the hat is not covered at your satisfaction, just put some more glue and confetti.
- Let it dry and that's it! Isn't it a nice hat?
Photo by Heather Zweig for Oh Happy Day
Artistic director Jordan Ferney
Produced by Stacy Wichelhaus
Made and decorated by Caitlin Barker
Assisted by Harper Casimiro
Find other project ideas at Oh Happy Day
Leave a comment